Saturday in List Form
Portland, OR. Saturday, March 19, 2011.
1. Portland Saturday Market. To say the least, there was lots of stuff. Tried a combo plate of Polish cuisine and an elephant ear (a fried dough thing) from some food carts. There were two attempts at this point to get into Voodoo Doughnut, but the line (composed of crazy tourists and rabid locals?) stretched around the block.
2. Some cute chocolate truffles from Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe.
3. At Pioneer Square, trying to catch the tram, we stumbled upon a bunch of protesters. The police were out in force–on bicycles.
4. Spent the afternoon hiking around Hoyt Arboretum and the Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial. I loved the elevator doors at the Oregon Zoo tram stop. Geek-tastic.
5. Dinner at Pastini Pastaria. Orecchiete with Italian sausage (1) and rigatoni zuccati with grilled chicken (2).
6. Finally, got into Voodoo Doughnut at 8:00 PM after a thirty minute wait.